Buying a home or land is one of the largest purchases you’ll make in your lifetime. A real estate transaction takes longer, and is much more complex, than buying a car, boat or other personal property. Not all real estate agents are equal when it comes to experience, skill, and reputation. Choose an agent who knows the area, understands rural properties, and is skilled at negotiation and communicating. There are considerable differences between properties in a rural area and those in urban and suburban areas. Make sure your agent understands your needs and has experience in our market. The wrong agent could potentially cost you tens of thousands of dollars.
Why Choose Bay River Realty to Represent You as a Buyer?
- Bay River Realty has a proven track record with decades of experience. We have a long list of highly satisfied clients.
- We are highly relational with our clients. We want to partner with them, listen to their needs, and implement a plan that puts the client needs first. Our goal is to build a relationship with our clients that will last long after the transaction.
- We know the geography of the area, the people, and the do’s and do-nots.
- We know the best service providers in the area, and we’ll connect you with whoever you need to get work done.
- Professional negotiation and problem-solving skills enable us to work through challenges that may arise and get you the best possible outcome.
- We specialize in the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula, and focus on being experts in this region.
- We have a team of specialists to assist with each area of our business. Professional photography and marketing, full-time transaction management, a bookkeeper, and other independent contactors help with a long-list of tasks associated with individual transactions as well as the day-to-day business. This allows our sales associates to focus more time on working with clients.
Steps in the Buying Process
Step 1: Buyer Consultation
Step 2: Buyer Agreement
Step 3: Loan Pre-Approval or Cash Verification
Step 4: Property Search
Step 5: View & Eliminate Properties
Step 6: Select Property & Submit Offer
Step 7: Negotiate Price & Terms
Step 8: Contract Ratification
Step 9: Inspections & Contract Contingencies
Step 10: Prepare for Settlement
Step 11: Settlement
Step 12: Post-Settlement Tasks